Mahalo.com, where I work as the community manager for our freelance force, is looking to add a Senior Engineer to our team of developers. Here are the details:
Mahalo.com, Inc. is a new human-powered social search service backed by Sequoia Capital (the world’s #1 venture capital firm), Newscorp, CBS, Elon Musk (Paypal founder), Mark Cuban and others. This kind of opportunity is extremely rare in Los Angeles — these high-profile rewards are usually found only in Silicon Valley.
- Creation of a massively scalable, high-performance platform for the next generation of web search.
- Experience with large-scale, complex distributed Linux/Unix applications, cluster management systems.
- PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x, memcache 1.2.x
- HTTP, HTTPS, Unicast and Multicast socket programming
- Unix shell scripting
- Applicants with C, Java, and Objective-C experience preferred
- Hadoop / Hbase
- Experience working with Lucene, Map/Reduce and Bigtable
- MySQL sysadmin skills: replication and tuning
You are a HANDS ON implementor, a get-it-done kind of developer. The right person is a self starter with the “general get it factor”. You work well with a team of like-minded engineers, and have a genuine desire for excellence.
Well rounded candidates such as release engineers with a background in both large corporate environments and small startups have an edge.
Please send a RESUME.
No Recruiters! No off-shore job shops!
If you’re looking for work and you meet these qualifications, please make sure you reach out to Chris Miller (chris at mahalo dot com).
Tell Chris Matt sent you!
If you’re not up with all the super-techie behind the scenes stuff, we’re also still looking for excellent writers to be freelancer work-from-home Guides.