The holiday season is shaping up to be huge for e-books and e-book readers… especially since two of the most popular e-book readers, the Amazon Kindle and the Barnes and Noble Nook, are available in several models, including versions that are full-fledged media tablets.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an e-book reader / tablet either for yourself or as a holiday gift for someone else, please do so through the links on this page — I’ll earn a small percentage from each sale, and that will help finance (read: make possible) my own holiday gift-giving. Here are some of your choices in the e-book reader / media tablet arena this year:
The Newest E-Reader Tablets
The Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet
The Amazon Kindle Fire
The Apple iPad2
E-Readers With Color, Keyboards and More
The Barnes and Noble Nook Color
The Amazon Kindle DX
The Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Inexpensive E-Reader Tablets
The Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch
The Amazon Kindle Touch
The Amazon Kindle
Books For Your New E-Book Reader Tablet
Naturally, you’re going to need something to read on your new Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, or iPad2. Allow me to make a few suggestions!
Books and Stories From The Sovereign Era
The Sovereign Era is my storyworld setting wherein the arrival of powerful metahumans in the middle of the 1980′s changes the course of human destiny.
- “Brave Men Run – A Novel of the Sovereign Era” by Matthew Wayne Selznick
- “Brenhurst’s Tale – Another View of ‘Brave Men Run’” by Matthew Wayne Selznick
- “The Sovereign Era: Year One” edited by Matthew Wayne Selznick and featuring stories by Mur Lafferty, Jared Axelrod, Nathan Lowell, P. G. Holyfield, J. R. Blackwell, Matt Wallace and J. C. Hutchins
- “The World Revolves Around You” by Matthew Wayne Selznick
- “You Must Be My Lucky Star” by Mur Lafferty (This short story is also included in “The Sovereign Era: Year One”)
Other Short Stories
These two are both love stories, of a sort. One features a giant monster stomping all over a Southern California beach town; the other, a creepy wanna-be magician out to ruin the hero’s day. Enjoy!
- “Reggie vs. Kaiju Storm Chimera Wolf” by Matthew Wayne Selznick
- “Cloak” by Matthew Wayne Selznick
I know you’ll enjoy your new e-book reader / tablet… or, even better, you’ll enjoy the happy look on the face of the person who receives an e-book reader from you! I have a Nook Color myself and get a lot of use out of it… though I do have my eye on that Kindle Fire..! Which e-book reader or tablet are you pining for or planning to give this holiday season, and why? Share in the comments!