On this page, you’ll find a gross revenue report of earnings from my creative endeavors and related sources, including my books and music, donations, patronage, subscriptions and advertising, courses, coaching and consulting, clients, and affiliate income. I’ll also reveal expenses related to my creative endeavors and related sources. Each month, you’ll see exactly what I’ve made and how, and you’ll know what I end up with to pay my living expenses.
Additionally, I share my social media reach — numbers, and how those numbers have changed compared to the previous month.
Why Do I Do This Income Report?
- I believe creators and consumers are peers and partners. If only through commerce (and ideally in many other ways as well), we form a community and have a relationship with one another. Communities, and relationships, are made stronger by honesty and openness.
- I’ve put my faith in the generosity of my patrons. They deserve to know how it’s going!
- Sharing my income keeps me motivated to continue to create, to market, and to hustle.
- I’ve issued a transparency challenge to independent authors and other creators. I’ve gotta walk the walk!
In April 2018, my total gross revenue from clients and creative sources (royalties, patronage, affiliate relationships) was $1849.00. All but $25 of that was from clients.
Expenses related to my freelance and creative endeavors equaled $634.83. To put it another way: it cost me over six hundred dollars to simply be in business.
Net income to cover living expenses and debts in April, 2018: $1214.17, or about forty dollars per day.
Community members (mailing lists): 593 (+16)
Patrons: 8 patrons pledging $14.42 (gross) (–)
Facebook: 551 followers (+38)
Instagram: 104 followers (first month)
Twitter: 2,613 followers (+2)
Your Patronage Makes A Big Difference In My Creative Life
If you like what I do, please…
- Recommend my works to your friends.
- When I tell you I’ve made something new, please buy it. It’s that simple!
- Make sure you and your friends are part of the mailing list community so you know when I make new things
- If you have the means and inclination, pledge your monthly support as a patron for as little as $1.00 per month
The more I earn from my creative endeavors, the more time I can dedicate to my creative endeavors. Every dollar I earn from my creative endeavors buys me time to spend making more fiction, non-fiction, blog posts, podcasts, courses, and more. The more time I have to make stuff, the faster I’ll have new content to help you and for you to enjoy!