So, my first conference. I feel like a grown-up, kinda.
- Many people… many people… still think in terms of podcasting as an entry into Old Media, like radio or major labels or whatnot.
- Some do not. Which is good.
- Brian Ibbott is gracious but nervous around drooling fanboys. Can’t say I blame him.
- If Odeo stays unbought by Fox or ClearChannel or something equally unsavory, they’re on to a good thing. Just stay pure, people. It’s not always about the money.
- See? Really, it’s not.
- Dawn and Drew = Still not funny.
- It’s weird to be social with strangers who have so much in common with you
- It’s weird to discover that… podcaster or not, I’m not half the tech-savvy geek some of these people are. I’m way behind the curve in some ways. Perhaps I make up for it with my fanatical prodding and poking with my trusty DIY-anti-old-media stick?
- Conferences are tiring.
Another day tomorrow… still looking forward to it. And where’s Evo Terra??? I think I saw him across the ballroom tonight, but his name badge was turned around, and I was talking to Matt May.
Okay. Time for night-night.