The underlying purpose of Sonitotum is to share my experiences as an experienced beginner making things, finding success, and staying healthy and sane, and hopefully, provide value through teachable moments.
That doesn’t mean it’s always easy to share the mistakes! Indeed, my ego and personal fragility almost convinced me to… under-represent… my most recent mis-steps.
Instead, in this episode, I talk about the long road I stumbled down in completing the audiobook edition of my latest novel, Light of the Outsider, including some pretty massive last-mile fumbles… and how I know better, and what I’ll do to avoid these errors in the future.
It’s all stuff I hope you can learn from, and, heck, probably get a bit of a laugh out of in the process.
Links and Topics Mentioned In This Episode
- Light of the Outsider is the debut novel in my Shaper’s World Cycle, book one of the Outsider Trilogy, and a stand-alone character-driven gritty fantasy / thriller hybrid.
- Order the audiobook of Light of the Outsider, read by the author (that’s me), directly from me via Gumroad.
- ACX is Audible.com‘s self-publishing platform. They’re very much behind on processing new submissions, so it’s going to be a while before the Light of the Outsider audiobook is available there… order direct from me!
- Audible’s not the only game in town. I use Findaway Voices to distribute my audiobooks to all the other audiobook marketplaces in the world, plus libraries.
- The Zoom recorder I used to record the Light of the Outsider audiobook is the H4. I bought mine eleven years ago… it’s no longer available.
- I mention The Big Plan. You can hear about it or read about it.
- Have you joined the mailing list community of friends and fans? When you do, you’ll get free weekly serial fiction delivered to your inbox as my gift to you.
What Did You Think About This Episode?
What are your thoughts? Let’s hear from you in the comments!