In Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick episode 052, I acknowledge a rough couple of weeks and take the opportunity to express gratitude for the folks who have helped my creative endeavors across the decades.
Who are the people who have made life-changing contributions enabling you to pursue your creative endeavors? As a creator, who are you grateful for? Be sure to give them a shout out in the comments!
Links and Topics Mentioned in This Episode
- Get Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights: “How It All Got Started,” my freely offered fiction serial, and enjoy well over a year and a half of weekly free fiction, when you subscribe. For free!
- After my September focus on the serial, I’ll get back to my next novel, Shadow of the Outsider, the follow-up to Light of the Outsider and “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay.”
- The day job? I’m a creative services provider helping authors, podcasters, and other creators bring their work to fruition, to market, and to an audience. How can I help you?
- My old laptop? It’s a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series from 2014, which I purchased in December of 2015.
- My new laptop? It’s a Lenovo Legion 5 from 2021.
- The reason I can feel gratitude (or anything at all!), my late mother, biggest fan, and strongest champion, Priscilla Brieck. For the whole story, read this Scribtotum article.
- My patron community receives the uncut, unedited version of every episode. For this episode, they’re privy to over eleven minutes of extra content! Want in on that? Become a patron for at least $5.00 per month (cancel any time) and get a bunch of other perks and special access, too.
- Not much more than two dozen people listen to each new episode of this show during the first week it’s released. If most of the listeners became Exceptional patrons ($5.00 per month), patron revenue would surpass $100 per month, and I could begin donating 10% every month to 826 National in support of literacy and creative writing advocacy for children. Let’s go!
- Oh, and speaking of patronage: This episode was made possible in part by the patronage of listeners like you, including J. C. Hutchins and Ted Leonhardt. Want to support the show and be listed in the credits, plus get lots of other goodies, perks, and exclusive access? Become a patron with a $3, $5, $10, or $20 monthly pledge!