Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick 030: Choose Your Own Matt Venture
In this episode of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick, the aforementioned Matthew Wayne Selznick (that’s me… hey, do you think I’m gonna get in trouble for “keyword stuffing” my name like that? Also, Matt, the aughts called; they want their SEO tactics back..) provides an update on his (my) creative endeavors, details a physical setback, makes you an offer on his story coaching service, and looks for your feedback on some future stuff. Let’s dump the speaking-of-one’s-self-in-the-third-person and get into it!
Links and Topics Mentioned In This Episode
- I mention The Big Plan. You can hear about it or read about it.
- “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay” is my next work of fiction: a novella set in my Shaper’s World storyworld. I’m this close to offering a pre-order on this thing. Stay tuned.
- Light of the Outsider is the debut novel in my Shaper’s World Cycle, book one of the Outsider Trilogy, and a stand-alone character-driven gritty fantasy / thriller hybrid. It’s now on Audible.com (US | UK | FR | DE), too!
- Here is a link to the Sonitotum episode dedicated to worldbuilding.
- Did you know you can build an inter-linking story bible and repository for all your fiction stuff using the same software they use for Wikipedia? It’s called MediaWiki, and it’s free. You will need a web hosting service like my favorite, Dreamhost, though.
- Your Story Buddy is my one-on-one writing coach service. Listen to the episode to find out how you can get 25% off your first hour-long session in the month of March!
- I’m very strongly considering creating a newsletter on the SubStack platform, and I want you to weigh in on my idea for the subject matter / niche. Listen to learn more, then leave your thoughts in the comments!
- It’s been a while since my last blog post. Should the next one be..
- Have you joined the mailing list community of friends and fans? When you do, you’ll get my aforementioned (second use of the word this post!) free weekly fiction serial delivered to your inbox as my gift to you.
- I was on a podcast! Learn my best advice on building a community, developing personal brand, and marketing as an independent author on The Self-Publishing Queen Podcast! If you like, you can even watch it on YouTube.
Rate and Review!
It’s easier than ever to write a review about Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick. Just click! You’ll really make a difference for the podcast when you do! Thanks!
Subscribe to Sonitotum
The best way to listen to Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick is to subscribe. That way, new episodes automatically appear in your podcast player app or software as soon as they’re published.
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Don’t forget! You can now also subscribe to the show via Amazon Music.
And of course, you can also receive e-mail notices every time there’s a new episode of Sonitotum.
Be A Guest on Sonitotum
I’m always interested in talking to independent creators willing to have a transparent, in-depth, unguarded conversation about making stuff, finding success as you define it, and staying healthy and sane in the process. Check out this episode with musician Emma Wallace to get a sense of what I’m talking about.
Fill out this form, and when you do, select “Sonitotum Podcast Guest Inquiry” as your contact category.
The opening theme song of Sonitotum is “Anastasia” written, performed, and recorded by yours truly, Matthew Wayne Selznick. You can hear or buy the full song on YouTube, Spotify, Amazon.com, iTunes, or just about anywhere you can buy or stream music online.
The closing and interstitial music is a little ditty I call “Gwinton,” also by yours truly, Matthew Wayne Selznick. It’s super-short and really just a looping thing, so it’s not available outside of the show.
On both songs, I play a 1972 Gibson Ripper bass guitar and a Fender “Bullet” Squire electric guitar. On “Anastasia,” the drums are performed on an Akai Professional MPD218 MIDI drum pad controller. For “Gwinton,” the drums are royalty-free loops found in the excellent Mixcraft Pro Studio software, which was also used to record, mix, and master both “Anastasia” and “Gwinton.”
Podcast Production and Hosting
Sonitotum is usually recorded using an Aurycle a460 large diaphragm studio condenser microphone through a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD (audio interface for directly connecting microphones and musical instruments to a computer). The show is edited and mixed in Adobe Audition. The episode files are hosted and delivered by Zencast.fm; the website is hosted by Dreamhost.
Interested in starting your own podcast? Need help managing your existing show? I can help you like I help The What Matters Most Podcast and The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, among others. Reach out!
What Did You Think About This Episode?
What are your thoughts? Let’s hear from you in the comments!
Many of the links in these show notes are to products and services with which I have an affiliate relationship. This means that when you purchase that product or engage in that service, or, in some cases, related products or services, I may receive a modest commission at no extra expense to you. This is a great way to help support Sonitotum and my related creative endeavors, so thanks for doing business with these companies!
Sonitotum, including the Sonitotum podcast media, is released under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) License. You are free to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Help Support Creative Endeavors
I offer thousands of words of free fiction and articles, as well as hours and hours of free podcast content. I hope it’s all entertaining, informative, and interesting!
If you’d like to support my creative endeavors and help offset the costs — both material, and in terms of resources and energy — to maintain this site, I’ll be grateful for your generosity.
Here are a few ways you can help.