Last week on Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick, we talked about how to fail. Let’s give equal time to how to succeed this time around.
Sonitotum is all about making things, finding success as we each define it, and staying healthy and sane in the process. To find success as we each define it, we have to understand what it’s going to take for us to succeed.
While the specific details are going to be unique to each of us, the secret of success is both simple… and diabolically difficult.
In this episode, by relating my own quest to understand what success means to me and what it’s going to take for me to have a chance achieving success, I offer suggestions for what might work for you, too.
Some of the links and topics mentioned in this episode include…
- The Love, Rage, and Indignation episode of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick.
- My creative services business.
- Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights: “How It All Got Started,” my free serial available via email subscription, is now up to seventy-five weekly installments and over 84,000 words!
- My next book is a work of non-fiction. Pre-order Indie Author Marketing Infrastructure today, help push the book up the charts, and be among the first to read it!
- Between this episode and the next I’ll be recording audiobook editions of my first two novels, Brave Men Run and Pilgrimage.
- Want uncut, unedited episodes of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick, e-books, audiobooks, music, and more goodies? Become a patron and help support this podcast.
This episode was made possible in part by the patronage of listeners like you, including J. C. Hutchins. Want to support the show and be listed in the credits, plus get lots of other goodies, perks, and exclusive access? Become a patron!
Love Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick and would like to make a one-time donation in support of the show? Donate via PayPal or leave a tip via Ko-Fi, with my grateful thanks.
Rate and Review!
It’s easier than ever to write a review about Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick. Just click! You’ll really make a difference for the podcast when you do! Thanks!
Subscribe to Sonitotum
The best way to listen to Sonitotum With Matthew Wayne Selznick is to subscribe in a podcast app so you receive new episodes automatically. You’ll find Sonitotum at Apple Podcasts, Google Play Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, or anywhere you get your podcasts. To subscribe manually in any podcast provider, simply copy / paste the RSS feed:
The opening theme song of Sonitotum is “Anastasia” written, performed, and recorded by yours truly, Matthew Wayne Selznick. You can hear or buy the full song on YouTube, Spotify, Amazon.com, iTunes, or just about anywhere you can buy or stream music online.
The closing and interstitial music is a little ditty I call “Gwinton,” also by yours truly, Matthew Wayne Selznick. It’s super-short and really just a looping thing, so it’s not available outside of the show.
On both songs, I play a 1972 Gibson Ripper bass guitar and a Fender “Bullet” Squire electric guitar. On “Anastasia,” the drums are performed on an Akai Professional MPD218 MIDI drum pad controller. For “Gwinton,” the drums are royalty-free loops found in the excellent Mixcraft Pro Studio software, which was also used to record, mix, and master both “Anastasia” and “Gwinton.”
Podcast Production and Hosting
Sonitotum is usually recorded using an Aurycle a460 large diaphragm studio condenser microphone through a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD (audio interface for directly connecting microphones and musical instruments to a computer). Outdoor / remote episodes are often recorded using my Audio-Technica ATR-3350IS omnidirectional condenser lavalier mic. The show is edited and mixed in Adobe Audition. The episode files are hosted and delivered by Zencast.fm; the website is hosted by Dreamhost.
Interested in starting your own podcast? Need help managing your existing show? I can help you like I help The What Matters Most Podcast and The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, among others. Reach out!
Many of the links in these show notes are to products and services with which I have an affiliate relationship. This means that when you purchase that product or engage in that service, or, in some cases, related products or services, I may receive a modest commission at no extra expense to you. This is a great way to help support Sonitotum and my related creative endeavors, so thanks for doing business with these companies!
Sonitotum, including the Sonitotum podcast media, is released under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) License. You are free to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The full license can be found here.