This 55th episode of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick marks eighteen years as a podcaster, and brings cause to reflect, carefully, on my creative accomplishments across the last two decades. Also, an update on my creative endeavors in the previous week, a check-in with you to see how YOUR creative endeavors are going, and more!
Links and Topics Mentioned in This Episode
- I spent quality time on my Shaper’s World storyworld, the setting of my last two works of fiction, the novel Light of the Outsider and the novelette “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay,” and my current work in progress Shadow of the Outsider.
- I took part in a virtual panel discussing villains in fiction for the Harris County Public Library system with three other authors. In the episode, I’d mentioned listing them here, but I can’t find their names / links anywhere in my correspondence with the organizer, so… stay tuned!
- The virtual panel will be aired in November as part of the library’s National Novel Writing Month events.
- This episode marks eighteen years since I started podcasting. Check out that first episode, and many more from those early years, if you like.
- These days, I help more people make their own podcasts than I make my own! It’s all part of my creatives services business. How can I help you?
- I mentioned the sound card I used for that first podcast. For the gearheads, it was the Creative SB Live! Platinum 5.1, long retired.
- However, you can still own the same microphone I used to record that first podcast, and many, many others: the Shure SM58. Remarkably, it’s only ten bucks more expensive than when I bought mine in the mid 1980s!
- After finishing this episode, I’ll be messing around with environment design in Unreal Engine and Quadspinner Gaea. I’m fascinated by this stuff.
- My patron community receives the uncut, unedited version of every episode. For this episode, they’re privy to nine minutes of extra content! Want in on that? Become a patron for at least $5.00 per month (cancel any time) and get a bunch of other perks and special access, too.
- Around thirty people listen to each new episode of this show during the first week it’s released. If most of the listeners became Exceptional patrons ($5.00 per month), patron revenue would surpass $100 per month, and I could begin donating 10% every month to 826 National in support of literacy and creative writing advocacy for children. Let’s go!
- Oh, and speaking of patronage: This episode was made possible in part by the patronage of listeners like you, including J. C. Hutchins and Ted Leonhardt. Want to support the show and be listed in the credits, plus get lots of other goodies, perks, and exclusive access? Become a patron with a $3, $5, $10, or $20 monthly pledge!
Love Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick and would like to make a one-time donation in support of the show? Donate via PayPal or leave a tip via Ko-Fi, with my grateful thanks.