In episode 078 of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick, the focus is on the balance between taking things in and acting on what you’ve absorbed.
When is it okay to not be writing / creating?
Why is that alleged downtime actually essential to the entire creative process?
This episode was recorded on April 3rd, 2023. It took three hours and thirty-five minutes to record, edit, produce and mix down the audio, create and upload the MP3 files, create, render, and upload the YouTube edition, write the show notes, and schedule the episode for release.
Links and Topics Mentioned in This Episode
- My day job? I’m a creative services provider helping authors, podcasters and other creators. How can I help you?
- Did you miss the conversation with author Rhiannon Held?
- The sponge meme mentioned is from this Scribtotum article.
- My exploration of Obsidian, a knowledge management application, continues. It just might fit the bill as coming close as possible to my idea of the perfect software for fiction writers.
- No, not this kind of sponge.
- Listener feedback this episode comes from Multiversalist Member Patron Amy Bowen.
- She mentions NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month.
- Scrivener, a popular software application for writers, is mentioned.
- Also mentioned is the excellent mind-mapping application Mindomo.
- Shadow of the Outsider is my current work-in-progress, the follow-up to my latest novel Light of the Outsider and my latest novelette, “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay.”
- Hey! Did you know you can also listen and subscribe to Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick on YouTube?
- Next episode will feature a conversation with the speculative playwright Monica Cross. Be sure you’ve subscribed for free wherever you get your podcasts so you don’t miss it!
- Maybe you would like to be a future guest on Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick? Learn more!
- Big thanks to my Multiversalists patron community, including Amelia Bowen, Ted Leonhardt, Chuck Anderson, and J. C. Hutchins! This episode took almost nine hours to record, edit, produce, and publish, so I’m incredibly grateful for the support of my patrons. If Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick brings you joy, become a patron!
- The Multiversalists patron member community receives the uncut, unedited version of every episode. For this episode, patrons get an additional ten minures (give or take) of content. Want in on that? Become a patron for at least $5.00 per month (cancel any time) and get a bunch of other perks and special access, too.
- Every month the member community has at least twenty members, I will donate 10% of net patron revenue to 826 National in support of literacy and creative writing advocacy for children. Let’s go!
Love Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick and have the desire and means to make a one-time donation in support of the show? Donate via PayPal or leave a tip via Ko-Fi, with my grateful thanks.