Episode 068 of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick is a big one, kids! Listen to hear about interviews with authors I’ve recorded for future episodes, my (unresolved when recorded; resolved by the time you read this) issues with my podcast media files host, and take in my advice (based on recent experiences) on how to maintain perspective when it comes to all the things that might trouble you in your creative writing life.
Also! Tons of listener feedback!
This episode was recorded on January 21st, 2023.
Links and Topics Mentioned in This Episode
- As my cold maintains less and less of a hold over me in the past week, I’ve had to prioritize my day job as a creative services provider helping authors, podcasters and other creators.
- While I didn’t get anything new done on my free fiction serial Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights: “How It All Got Started,” you can still get in on what’s already done and read over a year and a half’s worth of fiction for free!
- Similarly, sick-brain kept me from work on my next novel, Shadow of the Outsider, but you can still read the first two works in the Shaper’s World storyworld, the novel Light of the Outsider and the follow-up novelette “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay.” Get ’em!
- As of this recording, I had the pleasure of interviewing authors P. A. Cornell, Joyce Reynolds-Ward, and Monica Cross for future episodes of Sonitotum. These were great conversations I can’t wait to share with you… meanwhile, check out their works via the links on their names!
- Are you a writer or author interested in being a guest? Inquire!
- Big thanks to my Multiversalists patron community, including Amelia Bowen, Ted Leonhardt, Chuck Anderson, and J. C. Hutchins!
- The Multiversalists patron member community receives the uncut, unedited version of every episode. Want in on that? Become a patron for at least $5.00 per month (cancel any time) and get a bunch of other perks and special access, too.
- Every month the member community has at least twenty members, I will donate 10% of net patron revenue to 826 National in support of literacy and creative writing advocacy for children. Let’s go!
- When we hit thirty members, I’ll start releasing the interviews with authors and other creators I’m recording right now! C’mon!
- The one and only official RSS feed for subscribing to Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick wherever you get your podcasts is https://www.mattselznick.com/feed/podcast/sonitotum/.
- I’ve migrated my podcast media files to Amazon Lightsail and I’m using the venerable and reliable Podtrac for podcast analytics, starting with this episode.
- Have you heard of Spoons Theory by Christine Miserandino?
- The Sonitotum episode on gratitude I mention.
- “Don’t let the bastards grind you down.”
- Multiversalist member patron Amy Bowen was kind enough to offer a bunch of listener feedback for several past episodes. Be sure to check out Amy’s site and her podcasts!
Love Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick and would like to make a one-time donation in support of the show? Donate via PayPal or leave a tip via Ko-Fi, with my grateful thanks.