It’s the fiftieth episode of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick! Join me as I sit in my car at a park, listening to the rain, while I reflect on the first fifty episodes of the show (and before!) and think about the future of this podcast, my creative endeavors, and our community.
Links and Topics Mentioned in This Episode
- September is for writing a whole bunch of installments of Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights: “How It All Got Started,” the free serial I deliver to e-mail subscribers. Get yours!
- Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights is, technically, a work of “new adult” fiction. In the episode, I compare it in tone to teen soap operas such as those that can (or could) be found on the CW television network. Example might include One Tree Hill or The OC.
- Hazy Days and Cloudy Nights: “How It All Got Started” is part of my Sovereign Era storyworld, which includes the novels Brave Men Run and Pilgrimage, the collection The Sovereign Era: Year One, the novelette “Canary in a Coal Mine” (by P.G. Holyfield), and the short stories “The World Revolves Around You” and “The News from Bewilder Pond.” So far.
- After my September focus on the serial, I’ll get back to my next novel, Shadow of the Outsider, the follow-up to Light of the Outsider and “The Perfumed Air at Kwaanantag Bay.”
- My new non-fiction book for writers, Indie Author Marketing Infrastructure, is available everywhere you buy e-books, including directly from me. It’s all here.
- My patron community receives the uncut, unedited version of every episode. For this episode, they’re privy to over seventeen minutes minutes of extra content! Want in on that? Become a patron for at least $5.00 per month (cancel any time) and get a bunch of other perks and special access, too.
- Not much more than two dozen people listen to each new episode of this show during the first week it’s released. If most of the listeners became Exceptional patrons ($5.00 per month), patron revenue would surpass $100 per month, and I could begin donating 10% every month to 826 National in support of literacy and creative writing advocacy for children. Let’s go!
- Want to hear the first episode of this iteration of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick? The post is here; the MP3 audio file is here.
- Want to hear the first episodes of the first iteration of Sonitotum? Check it out over at the Internet Archive.
- The second iteration of Sonitotum was very short lived. I’m still trying to track down those files!
- Want to go farther back in my podcasting history (and hear a lot of great 2000s-era indie music)? Dig The MWS Media Radio Show Podcast and The DIY Endeavors Podcast on the Internet Archive.
- This latest iteration of Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick came about a month or so after I declared a kind of creative bankruptcy. Read about that here.
- Let’s double the listenership by the next episode! This week, tell a kindred spirit about Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick! Share
with them, or better yet, share your favorite episode of Sonitotum directly from your preferred podcasting app!
Oh, and speaking of patronage: This episode was made possible in part by the patronage of listeners like you, including J. C. Hutchins and Ted Leonhardt. Want to support the show and be listed in the credits, plus get lots of other goodies, perks, and exclusive access? Become a patron with a $3, $5, $10, or $20 monthly pledge!
Love Sonitotum with Matthew Wayne Selznick and would like to make a one-time donation in support of the show? Donate via PayPal or leave a tip via Ko-Fi, with my grateful thanks.